Some modern scientists who have accepted the biblical account of creation.
- Dr. Wernher von Braun: The Father of Space Flight. Wernher von Braun - more than any other scientist - brought us into the space age. 1 Von Braun laid the foundation for cell phones, satellite radio, the Internet, GPS, and Doppler radar. His later career reads like a history of the American space program, 2 and it was undergirded by a firm belief in the Creator God of the Bible.
His beliefs regarding the importance of studying God's creation are vividly expressed in his observation that the "more we learn about God's creation, the more I am impressed with the orderliness and unerring perfection of the natural laws that govern it. In this perfection, man - the scientist - catches a glimpse of the Creator and his design for nature." 3 **
- Dr. Jack W. Cuozzo, Dentist: has been an orthodontist in New Jersey for 33 years. He prepared for his career through studies at Georgetown University (biology major, philosophy minor) and degrees from the University of Pennsylvania (DDS) and Loyola University / Chicago Graduate School of Dentistry (MS, Oral Biology; Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics). He also was a lieutenant in the Navy serving aboard the USS Enterprise (CVAN-65).
- Dr. Raymond Damadian: invented a technology that transformed medical science. MRI, or magnetic resonance imaging, has been widely used in medical research ever since. Researchers over the years have employed it in a variety of ways, including using it to uncover cancers early enough for effective treatment. In 1994, he told the magazine Creation, "The highest purpose a man can find for his life is to serve the Will of God." He warned that evolution-based humanistic education erodes people's ability to "discern the just from the unjust." 1994. Super-scientist slams society’s spiritual sickness! Creation. 16 (3): 35-37
- Dr. David A. Dewiltt, Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience: received a BS in biochemistry from Michigan State University and a PhD in neuroscience from Case Western Reserve University. Currently professor of biology and chair of the department of biology and chemistry at Liberty University, he is active in teaching and research, focusing primarily on understanding the mechanisms causing cellular damage in Alzheimer's disease.
- Dr. Don DeYoung: Astronomy, atmospheric physics, M.Div, is Chairman of the Science and Mathematics Department, Grace College, Winona Lake, Indiana. His courses include physics, astronomy and mathematics. Don joined the Grace faculty in 1972 and has spent sabbatical leaves in California, Europe, and the South Pacific. He is a graduate of Michigan Tech University (BS, MS, Physics), Iowa State University (PhD, Physics), and Grace Theological Seminary (MDiv). His writings have appeared in many periodicals. He has also written seventeen books on Bible-science topics including object lessons for children.
- Dr. Jason Lisle, Astrophysicist: graduated summa cum laude from Ohio Wesleyan University where he double-majored in physics and astronomy, and minored in mathematics. He did graduate work at the University of Colorado where he earned a Master's degree and a Ph.D. in Astrophysics.
- Dr. Elizabeth Mitchell, Physician: received a bachelor of science in chemistry from Furman University in 1980, graduating summa cum laude. She graduated from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville in 1984 and completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Vanderbilt University Affiliated Hospitals in 1988. She earned board certification and fellowship in the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Mitchell enjoyed practicing medicine in Gallatin, Tennessee (near Nashville). Dr. Elizabeth operates under the conviction that accurate history never violates biblical history, that correct scientific understanding of our past will never contradict God's eyewitness account in the Bible, and that genuine understanding of God's Word builds faith in Jesus Christ.
- Dr. Gary E. Parker: Biologist, Cognate in Geology (Paleontology). Dr. Parker began his teaching career as a non-Christian and evolutionist.
- Dr. John Whitmore, Geologist/Paleontologist: received a B.S. in geology from Kent State University, a M.S. in geology from the Institute for Creation Research and a Ph.D. in Biology, Paleontology emphasis from Loma Linda University. Currently an Associate Professor of Geology, he is active in teaching and research at Cedarville University.
Bergaust, E. 1976. Wernher von Braun. Washington, DC: National Space Institute.
Von Braun, W. 1971. Space Frontier. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston
Bergaust, Wernher von Braun, 113
** © 1994- Institute for Creation Research. All Rights Reserved. ICR.org
Nothing in ICR's published materials (in printed or electronic form) may be reprinted or reproduced in other publications, for other media, or on other websites in whole or in part beyond these guidelines without obtaining permission from ICR. This applies to textual content, graphics, audio and video, etc.
Back to: Science page
Creation Testifies! is a Ministry of Rogersville Baptist Temple. Content © 2011- Creation Testifies!