Facts about the Flood!
- The flood was a world wide flood. The whole earth was covered with water (Genesis 6:17)! If the flood was just a local flood, why did GOD have Noah build the ark? Why didn't GOD just tell Noah to move? Genesis 6:13-16
- Noah's ark was built only to float, not to sail anywhere. Even if Noah wanted to sail, where was he going? Remember, the whole earth was covered with water! Genesis 7:24
- The length to width to height ratio of 300 to 50 to 30 is what shipbuilders today often use. This ratio apparently provides the best stability in stormy weather. Genesis 6:15
- Noah did not have to take the time to gather up the animals; GOD brought them to him. Genesis 6:20
- Noah did not have to bring each specie of animal, just two (seven of some). A male and female of every sort and after their kind. No need to bring the dog, the wolf and the coyote, their the same kind of animal. Just one couple will do. Genesis 6:19-20 and Genesis 7:2-3
- There were no fish on the ark. Outside the ark there was plenty of water. Only all in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that were on the dry land, died. Fish breath through their gills not their nostrils. Genesis 7:22
- The top 3,000 feet of Mt. Everest (from 26,000 to 29,000 feet) is made up of sedimentary rock (sedimentary rock is formed in water) and is packed with seashells and other ocean-dwelling animals.
- Petrified claims in the closed position (found all over the world) testify to their rapid burial while they were still alive, even on top of Mount Everest.
- Sedimentary rock (formed in water) is found all over the world.
- People do not want to believe in a world wide flood because it testifies of the judgement of GOD on sin. 2 Peter 3:3-7
|The Chronology of the Flood
|There were forty days during which the rain fell. (Genesis 7:4)
|Throughout another 110 days the waters continued to rise, making another 150 days in all their prevailing. (Genesis 7:24)
|The waters occupied 74 days as they were decreasing. This is from the 17th day of the seventh month to the 1st day of the tenth month. (Genesis 8:5)
There being 30 days to a month, the figure in days are 13 plus 30 (X2) plus 1.
|Forty days elapsed before Noah sent out the raven. (Genesis 8:6,7)
|Seven days elapsed before Noah sent out the dove for the first time. (Genesis 8:8)
This period is necessary for reaching the total and is given by the implication from the phrase other seven days. (Genesis 8:10)
|Seven days passed before sending out the dove for the second time. (Genesis 8:10)
|Seven days more passed before the third sending out of the dove. (Genesis 8:12)
|Up to this point 285 days are accounted for, but the next episode is dated the 1st of the first month in the 601st year.
From the date in Genesis 7:11 to this point in Genesis 8:13 is a period of 314 days; therefore an interval of 29 days elapses.
|From removing the covering of the Ark to the very end of the experience was a further 57 days. (Genesis 8:14)
|Earth's Catastrophic past by Andrew A. Snelling page. 20
Back to Creation Testifies!
Site Design © RBT and Michael Yarnell | Creation Testifies! is a Ministry of Rogersville Baptist Temple. Content © 2011- Creation Testifies!