- Day: is the measurement of earth's rotation on its axis.
- Month: Earth and the Moon
- Year: Earth and the Sun
- Week: has no measurement in astronomical observations.
- So where do we get our week from? The Bible: "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." Genesis 2:1, 2
- "Astronomy leads us to a unique event, a universe that was created out of nothing and delicately balanced to provide exactly the conditions required to support life. In the absence of an absurdly improbable accident, the observations of modern science seem to suggest an underlying, one might say, supernatural plan." Physicist Arno Penzias, quoted by D.L. Brock, "Our Universe: Accident of Design", (Wits, S.Africa: Star Watch, 1992), p. 42
- Did you know? Planets orbit the sun, stars do not.
Back to: The Solar System page
Back to Creation Testifies!
Creation Testifies! is a Ministry of Rogersville Baptist Temple. Content © 2011- Creation Testifies!