- Universe: is commonly defined as the totality of everything that exists, including all matter and energy, the planets, stars, galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space.
- Did you know the word universe in Latin: "uni" means single, and "verse" means spoken sentence.
- So we live in a single spoken sentence. Just like the Word of God states.
- Psalm 33:6 "By the word of the Lord were the heavens made"
- Psalm 33:9 "For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast." In Genesis 1 it states: "and God said".
- Galaxy: is a massive, gravitationally bound system that consists of stars. The word galaxy is derived from the Greek word galaxias, literally meaning "milky", a reference to the Milky Way Galaxy.
- Milky Way: is the galaxy that contains the Solar System.
- Solar System: consists of the Sun and the astronomical objects gravitationally bound in orbit around it.
- Astronomy: the scientific study of stars, planets, and other objects in outer space. The word astronomy is of Greek origin, meaning "law of the stars", and deals with the scientific laws or principles that govern the cosmos.
- Natural Law: is simply the name we give to the normal way God accomplishes his will and upholds the universe.
Back to: The Solar System page
Back to Creation Testifies!
Creation Testifies! is a Ministry of Rogersville Baptist Temple. Content © 2011- Creation Testifies!